Saturday , November 18 2017
Home / USA News / Lt. General McMaster Crushes “False” News Story About Trump Leaking Classified Info

Lt. General McMaster Crushes “False” News Story About Trump Leaking Classified Info

In a news briefing on Tuesday, National Security Advisor H.R. McMaster said that a Washington Post piece claiming that President Trump revealed classified information to a Russian contingent visiting the White House “is false” and called the president’s conversation with the officials “wholly appropriate.”

The Post article, published Monday, claimed that Trump “revealed highly classified information to the Russian foreign minister and ambassador in a White House meeting last week, according to current and former U.S. officials, who said Trump’s disclosures jeopardized a critical source of intelligence on the Islamic State.”

On Monday, McMaster issued a strongly worded statement denying the story.

“There’s nothing that the president takes more seriously than the security of the American people,” McMaster’s statement said. “The story that came out tonight as reported is false.

“The president and the foreign minister reviewed a range of common threats to our two countries including threats to civil aviation. At no time, at no time were intelligence sources or methods discussed. And the President did not discuss any military operations that were not already publicly known.

“Two other senior officials who were present, including the secretary of state, remember the meeting the same way and have said so,” he added. “Their on-the-record accounts should outweigh anonymous sources. And I was in the room, it didn’t happen.”

On Tuesday, McMaster again attacked the WaPo piece in a briefing Fox News described as “tense.”

“I stand by my statement that I made yesterday … the premise of that article is false,” McMaster said. “That conversation was wholly appropriate.”

Even though the media seems to have coalesced around this story, the White House seems pretty adamant.

Is it another case of “very fake news?” Stay tuned.

Please like and share on Facebook and Twitter with your thoughts on this story.

If you haven’t checked out and liked our Facebook page, please go here and do so.
H/T: Daily Info

Check Also

Fox’s MacCallum Destroys LA Times For Saying She Only Has A Job Because She’s A “Blonde Barbie” – Conservative101

Fox’s Martha MacCallum went after an LA Times writer David Horsey who wrote that the …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *