When President Trump fired James Comey, we all wondered who will be chosen to replace him. Well, we might find that out soon, as it was reported that Rep. Trey Gowdy has just officially received a call from Donald Trump asking whether he was interested in becoming the next director of the FBI.
Apparently, Gowdy has said “Yes.”
Here is what Fox News had to say about it:
The fourth-term congressman said that he was interested in the position, reports Liberty Writers. Of course, it wasn’t an official job offer, but it surely is the first step in that direction.
Gowdy is definitely in the running, and according to a source,
“He’s on the official short list.”
There is no doubt that the Greenville, S.C. native has the skills to fix the FBI and will be an excellent choice for the position.
Last year, the former state solicitor concluded a high-profile U.S. House investigation into the September 11, 2012 terrorist attack against an American diplomatic outpost in Benghazi, Libya. He’s also been among Comey’s most aggressive critics regarding the former FBI Director’s mishandling of the investigation into former Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton’s secret email server.
Besides Gowdy, there are 10 more candidates that are being considered for the post:
Ray Kelly, former New York City police commissioner (Kelly is also an ABC News contributor)
– Mike Rogers, former House Intelligence Committee chairman. Rogers worked as an FBI agent but retired in 2015.
– Alice Fisher, former assistant attorney general
– John Cornyn, Senate majority whip, R-Texas
– Paul Abbate, executive assistant director for the Criminal, Cyber, Response and Services branch of the FBI
– Michael Garcia, former New York prosecutor, now associate judge on New York Court of Appeals
– John Suthers, mayor of Colorado Springs
– Michael Luttig, former federal appellate court judge and now executive vice president of Boeing
– Larry Thompson, former deputy attorney general under President George W. Bush
– Andrew McCabe, acting FBI director
What do you think about this? Share this on Facebook or Twitter SCROLL DOWN FOR MORE
The post Rep. Trey Gowdy Interested In Replacing James Comey As FBI Director appeared first on Federalist Tribune.